East Kowloon Cultural Centre, Hong Kong
- Client: Leighton Contractors Asia Limited
- Value: HK$2.6 billion / US$335 million
About this Project
The East Kowloon Cultural Centre (EKCC) consists of a three-storey building housing three studios with capacities ranging between 120 and 250 seats, a 1,200-capacity auditorium, 550-seat theatre and under stage area, semi-basement areas for plant rooms, and other ancillary facilities. The project also houses a large rehearsal room, two connectable rehearsal rooms and a restaurant.
CDC were appointed by the Contractor to manage the Dispute Resolution Advisor (DRA) process during the progress of the works. CDC led a team to negotiate with the Employer and its site representatives the resolution of the Contractor’s extensions of time and additional payment claims.
The assignment included:
- Developing the technical arguments and identifying the supporting documents for the Contractor’s positions.
- Directing the team’s preparation of and delivering presentations in the DRA meetings.
- Leading regular workshops with the DRA, the Employer and its representatives to discuss issues, agree facts and achieve common ground on the issues.
- Managing the administrative and contractual procedures associated with the DRA process including preparation of summary reports on agreed issues.
In addition, CDC advised the Contractor in respect of on-going site issues, raising new claim notices and assisting the Contractor’s site team in drafting correspondence in respect of technical and commercial matters. CDC also undertook a disruption analysis and a re-rating exercise and researched issues related to E&M works scope.
More Case Studies
Harbour Area Treatment Scheme Stage 2
The project comprised the construction of a 12km long sewage conveyance system from North Point Preliminary Treatment Works to Stonecutters Island Sewage Treatment Works.
WSD Pressure Management and District Monitoring System
The project comprised a term contract for installation of flowmeters and valves into the existing water supply network in Kowloon and Hong Kong Island.
Ingiriya to Ratnapura Highway A8 Upgrade Sri Lanka
The project comprised the rehabilitation and improvement of 33km of road between Ingirya in Kalutara District of the Western Province and Ratnapura, the capital city of Sabaragamuwa Province.